Mark's updates

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Tiling

Our kitchen floor was coming up where the contractors didn't glue it well. So, LaDonna had been pushing to install tile in the kitchen. I started ripping everything out and moving in to various parts of the house. LaDonna and the kids went to Kinston to get out of the chaos of living with everything scattered and no oven. Some neighbors came over on Friday afternoon to help lay the tile and we finished up around 9:00. I decided to surprise LaDonna and do the bathroom while she was gone. So, I started ripping everything out of the bathroom around 9:15 on Friday and finished up at 11:00. I laid the tile in the bathroom on Saturday afternoon and finished around 4:00. Of course, I took Sunday off and LaDonna and the kids came home Sunday night. On Monday, I grouted the kitchen and the bathroom. We moved all the appliances back in the kitchen on Tuesday and finished the bathroom on Wednesday. I still need to install quarter round and add one more coat of sealer to the grout. I'm happy with how it turned out and couldn't have done it without my neighbors. There are some pictures on my picasa site and the link is http://picasaweb.google.com/Mark21900/051710KitchenFloor?authkey=Gv1sRgCNrSjYPK5NfsowE&feat=directlink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home