Mark's updates

Monday, August 24, 2009

Baby Snake

I was out in our front yard today and must have scared this little snake as I walked past. He tried to make a run for it, but I caught him. Our kids love torturing any insect/animal they can for as long as we'll let them. Several have lost their lives from being dropped or kept in a plastic container too long. We have one not so smart (because I'm not supposed to say "stupid" anymore) lizard that Lonna pulled part of his tail off last summer, yet we still see him hanging around often and all but asking to be caught and tortured.

Anyway, back to the snake. The kids weren't home when I caught him, but I took this video of Bryce playing/torturing him when he got home.




Update: Lonna came home from school and the first time she held it, the snake wrapped it's body around her fingers and she screamed. Once I assured her it scared and was trying not to get dropped, she was okay and loved holding it.

Some other information about the snake - It's about a foot long, not venomous, and is called a Ringneck Snake.

http://www.herpsofnc.org/herps_of_NC/snakes/Diapun/Dia_pun.html

5 Comments:

  • At least Bryce knows that to kiss it would be gross. :)

    By Blogger Erin G., At 5:31 PM  

  • Your kids are a lot braver than I am. And I can't believe that "special" lizard is still alive and around.

    By Blogger Kimberly, At 11:21 PM  

  • I bet Mom didn't want to go anywhere near it.

    By Blogger Kay, At 11:41 PM  

  • We did take it up to Mom and Dad's and Mom held it for a little bit, maybe a minute. I was very surprised.

    By Blogger Mark, At 7:15 AM  

  • Haha, . ..yes, mom held it, but squirmed when the snake started to move. I was afraid if I didn't that Lonna wouldn't want to hold it anymore. Things I do for my grandchildren!!!

    By Blogger mom, At 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home