Mark's updates

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What? Is this a joke?

The forecasters were predicting snow, but always had the line added that it depended on the track the storm took. So, I've heard that line so often in Maryland that I didn't think we'd get much. Well, this morning I looked out the window and the pictures below are what I saw.








We moved to North Carolina and left our snowblower and snow shovels in Maryland. All joking aside, I'm actually excited that it is snowing and looking forward to playing in it with the kids - who cannot wait to get outside. Neither of them really know what to expect with snow so it will be interesting to see their reactions. Right now, they are gathering items to make a face on the snowman they plan to build with the three inches of snow we have. By the way, EVERYTHING (schools, government, businesses, non-critical medical facilities) is closed today. Today is our normal trash day and I would bet they aren't coming.

5 Comments:

  • We're excited, too, except that we don't own: gloves, a sled, or (most importantly) a shovel. I thought we didn't need that stuff here!

    By Blogger Kimberly, At 8:56 AM  

  • I miss the days when three inches of snow would get us a day off.

    By Blogger sleep deprived, At 11:15 AM  

  • I can't believe that! And I was wondering if you even owned snow stuff for the kids. I'm glad you're excited about it because it is 60 here and I am LOVING it. Have fun!

    By Blogger Erin G., At 11:50 AM  

  • How fun! I'm with Kristen, I miss getting off for 3 inches of snow. Hope the kids had fun!

    By Blogger Kay, At 9:56 PM  

  • Awesome, but sad to hear my sister doesn't even have gloves. We got maybe an inch or so yesterday and saw three accidents within a mile of our house. I not only miss the days we got out when it actually snowed, but also those when we got out for a FORECAST of two inches. We went to seminary that morning and didn't go to school. I've been missing snow so much that Denver has been looking better and better. Hope the kids had fun.

    By Blogger Bryce, At 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home