Mark's updates

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

LaDonna’s Beach Week

Last Saturday, LaDonna went to the beach with 7 other women for the week. It was a girl’s week at the beach. Grandma is watching the kids for 3 days and Kimberly is watching them for the other 2 days. Last night they stayed the night at Grandma’s and so it was kind of weird being in the house alone.

I bought LaDonna a new camera for her birthday so we sold the old one on Craigslist yesterday. The guy lived in Durham so I told him I didn’t have the kids and I would meet him halfway. I got on the motorcycle and rode to meet him, sold the camera and rode home. It’s kind of weird to think how much free time I might have if we didn’t have kids. I know some of you are still at that point, and I never regret having them, but last night it was nice to just be able to take off and ride the bike.

I was reluctant at first to let the kids spend the night at Grandma’s – for selfish reasons. I like Lonna coming to wake me up in the morning (when it’s after 6:30) or when Bryce calls for “Daddy”. He knows Mama is gone for the week so I get most of the attention, except when Grandpa’s around. Bryce usually talks about Grandpa as much as anyone.

It was also nice not having the kids last night so I could work on an assignment for school. I’m taking Intro to Marketing and Microeconomics. I should have only taken one of them at a time. I’m just not motivated enough to work full time, help with the kids, and then spend my free time only working on school. I guess I’m still too selfish and like to play X-Box too much. I have a Marketing plan that is due next Tuesday, so I worked on it last night some since I didn’t have the kids.

I hope this doesn't sound like I don't love my kids, because I do. They say and do the sweetest things. The things they remember are amazing and the things they learn by watching and listening are mostly funny.

1 Comments:

  • I've learned that nothing makes me love Ethan more than having a little break from him...especially at home when you can get things done and have down time (being on the road doesn't count!).

    By Blogger Kimberly, At 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home